Followers

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Ask, Listen, and Obey

Today started out as a regular day but I found myself upset in the morning. I was wondering why is it I have started eating poorly again. I also have let other things fall by the waist side such as cleaning, prayer time, reading time and just not being productive. I realized today that the enemy really battles you for your time and while going to the park or watching HGTV or just sitting on the couch or on the computer may not be bad for you is it beneficial when you have neglected the Word. When I was on my way home today I wanted to go to the park and had every intention of doing so. I then stopped and said Lord do you want me to go to the park, whatever you tell me to do I will. When I got off the train he said go home, so I did. I watched an episode of Army Wives and then I turned off the TV to read the word. I had been reading for a while when a friend called me about a situation. I listened and then the Lord began to speak through me for my friend. This brought excitement, peace and comfort to my friend. It reminded me of this past Saturday at Women's Fellowship when I heard Irma Diaz speak and she was talking about living in the moment and obeying Yahweh in that moment. People need us to be obedient to the word because they are hurting and the word says in Isaiah 50:4 "the Lord has given me the tongue of the learned that I should know how to speak a word in season to him who is weary. " My goodness what if I had went to the park!!!!!!

1 comment:

Yadira said...

It's so beautiful how Yahweh decides to use us exactly when we feel we are the least usable...just to show us the difference between what it feels like when we try to bring ourselves joy (which is usually through idleness...) and what it feels like when He brings real joy (usually by using us to help someone else). Awesome!